The Marin Section on Aging meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Alma Via of San Rafael. Networking and sign in starts at 9:30am to 10:00am. Program starts with introductions at 10:15am, followed by a 5 minute food sponsor presentation. Guest speaker has the floor until 11:15am. Events and Announcements. Meeting closes at 11:30am.
Our next meeting is Thursday, September 19th.
Please join us for our monthly meeting Thursday, September 19th, where we’ll welcome Carolyn Rosenblatt and Dr. Mikol Davis. She will speak on the subject of, “Family Fights About Seniors and How They Get Resolved.”
- Carolyn Rosenblatt is an RN and elder law attorney with 10 years of nursing and over 27 years of legal experience. She has expertise in aging issues and serves as a consultant on aging and conflict resolution specialist. She has worked extensively with geriatrics and legal issues of aging. Together with her husband, psychologist Dr. Mikol Davis, she founded AgingParents.com, a resource for families, located in San Rafael, CA. Together, they provide expert advice and mediation of family disputes about elders. They also founded AgingInvestor.com, an education and training resource for the financial services industry.
- She is published in national legal, nursing and financial industry journals and blogs at Forbes.com. She also is a strong advocate for healthy aging and leads by example. Ms.Rosenblatt is author of The Family Guide to Aging Parents: Answers to Your Legal,
Financial and Healthcare Questions (2015), and Working With Aging Clients, A Guide for Legal, Business and Financial Professionals, published by the American Bar Association, (2015). She and Dr. Davis co-authored two other books for financial professionals. She has been quoted in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Money, Financial Planning, Investment News, PBS Next Avenue blog and many other sources.
- Dr. Mikol Davis, clinical psychologist and gerontologist has over 45 years of experience
as a mental health provider. He has served all age groups in general clinical practice. In 2008, he began his focus on geriatric clients and co-founded AgingParents.com with his wife, Carolyn Rosenblatt. Together they help families resolve disputes through
mediation, often working together to calm conflict.
- Dr. Davis provides psychological evaluations for financial decision-making capacity in
seniors. He also offers treatment for elders with anxiety, depression and other difficulties. He helps clients resolve intergenerational conflicts and communication issues. He has served as an expert witness in court cases involving family issues and currently volunteers as a mediator at the Marin Court on high conflict custody cases.
- As a co-founder of AgingParents.com and AgingInvestor.com, he advises professionals on best communication practices with older adult clients. He offers direction about how to manage cognitive decline issues with older family members and clients. Finding
the right words can be hard and he offers advice on “what to say” to those who feel stuck on a problem with a senior. Dr. Davis offers telemedicine therapy appointments as well as in-person counseling. He has co-authored two books for financial professionals with his wife Ms. Rosenblatt. Dr. Davis and Ms. Rosenblatt have been married for 37 years and have two grown children.
August’s Spotlight was Elizabeth Landsverk, MD, Board certified geriatric specialist . Thank You for sharing your time with our Group!
Elizabeth Landsverk, MD spoke on the subject of,“The Meds Matter: Relieving Pain and Agitation Without Overmedication!”
- Elizabeth Landsverk, MD, is a Geriatrician providing house calls for complicated patients in the greater San Francisco Bay area. She founded Elder Consult Geriatric Medicine in 2006 in order to provide excellent care for her patients. She is triple board certified in Geriatrics, Internal and Palliative Medicines and is currently the medical director for two dementia communities in the Bay Area. Doctor Liz has worked with thousands of families from all over the country to help elders through the aging process. Families are typically in crisis and don’t know where to turn when loved ones have dementia, Alzheimer’s, medication problems or any of the complications from aging. Doctor Liz feels we must take away any medications that ‘zombify’ our elders and adjust meds to get our loved ones back to the happy, productive people they once were.
- Elizabeth Landsverk, MD Doctor Liz is a renowned, board certified geriatric specialist who has worked with thousands of families from all over the country to help elders through the aging process. Families are typically in crisis and don’t know where to turn when loved ones have dementia, Alzheimer’s, medication problems or any of the complications from aging. Doctor Liz feels we must take away any medications that ‘zombify’ our elders and adjust meds to get our loved ones back to the happy, productive people they once were.
Many thanks to AlmaVia of San Rafael for generously hosting our monthly meetings.
2018 Directory is here! Download
[ Become a Member ].
Here are our 2019 Food Sponsors:
- January: Senior Settlers
- February: Seniors at Home
- March: Compass Realtors
- April: Mom’s New Pad
- May: Richmond-Low Team
- June: Aldersly
- July: Matt Masson, Coldwell Banker
- August: Leadership
- September: Senior Alternative Home Care
- October: Tender Rose Dementia Care Specialists
- December: Alma Via Holiday Sponsor