Our next meeting is Thursday, June 20th.
Please join us for our monthly meeting Thursday, June 20th, where we’ll welcome Kari Rogensky Director of The Hummingbird Project. She will be speaking on “Using Creativity, Playfulness, and Intellectual Engagement to Inspire Joyful Moments .”
- During the presentation You’ll learn about the seven holistic quality of life domains, how to infuse creative thinking in to your practice or community, research on why creative and intellectual engagement matters for older adults, and you’ll leave inspired by real life success stories.
- Kari combined her passion for eldercare and the creative arts by becoming a licensed marriage and family therapist and registered drama therapist working with elders. She brings 10 years of experience to her role as Director of The Hummingbird Project and co-creator of Joyful Moments: Meaningful Activities to Engage Older Adults. She is a proud advocate for the importance of finding and embracing joy throughout life. She has presented to both professional and public audiences locally and nationally about Quality of Life and Life Enrichment for older and
disabled adults, including several presentations for the Alzheimer’s Association, the Aging Life Care Professional Association and the North American Drama Therapy Association, among others.
- It is Kari’s creative and professional approach, as well as her warm personality, that allows her to connect with clients and engage them in meaningful therapeutic activities. Kari’s passion for theatre has been infused into her education and career. She has expertise in facilitating drama therapy techniques including improvisation, monologue writing, and play reading. Some of her favorite activities to share with older adults include expressive arts such as life story collage, art appreciation, touch drawing, creative storytelling, legacy projects and more.
- From December 2017- 2019 Kari will be acting Vice President of the North American Drama Therapy Association where she will play an integral role promoting the profession of drama therapy in both the United States and Canada. Her position includes direct oversight of all components of two national conferences. Kari is also honored to serve as treasurer of Creative Aging San Francisco, a collective of creative aging professionals serving our bay area elders.
April’s Spotlight was Linda Jacobson from Kasana aging solutions. Thank You for sharing your time with our Group!
Linda Jacobson spoke on the subject of, “Cannabis and the Art of Brain Maintenance.”
- Scientists tell us that keeping our brains healthy requires cognitive activity and physical activity. Cannabis use can facilitate both. In this talk we’ll explore recent, exciting scientific studies and research findings showing the efficacy of cannabis in the prevention and treatment of cognitive impairment. Hear how clinicians help people at different dementia stages use cannabis — and gain insights into how professional senior-care providers are viewing cannabis. How might cannabis fit into the care and feeding of aging brains?
- As a speaker, author, and co-founding editor of Wired magazine, Linda has led enterprise training sessions about medical science breakthroughs and healthcare technologies since 1990. She has provided eldercare and age-tech consulting services since 2010. Linda completed training as a Certified Senior Advisor in 2014 and has helped hundreds of people to evaluate and choose care providers. Linda also teaches classes for senior-living residents. Linda has taught care providers about medical cannabis research findings and policies since 2015.
Many thanks to AlmaVia of San Rafael for generously hosting our monthly meetings.
2018 Directory is here! Download
Here are our 2019 Food Sponsors:
- January: Senior Settlers
- February: Seniors at Home
- March: Compass Realtors
- April: Mom’s New Pad
- May: Richmond-Low Team
- June: Aldersly
- July: Matt Masson, Coldwell Banker
- September: Senior Alternative Home Care
- October: Tender Rose Dementia Care Specialists
- December: Alma Via Holiday Sponsor
2018 Directory is here! Download
[ Become a Member ].