The Marin Section on Aging meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Alma Via of San Rafael. Networking and sign in starts at 9:30am to 10:00am. Program starts with introductions at 10:15am, followed by a 5 minute food sponsor presentation. Guest speaker has the floor until 11:15am. Events and Announcements. Meeting closes at 11:30am.
Our next meeting is Thursday, November 21st.
Please join us for our monthly meeting Thursday, November 21st, where we’ll welcome John W. Milford, M.H.A, M. Div. He is the Co-founder of Tech-enhance Life, PBC.
He will speak on the subject of, “Working at the intersection of aging and technology to find better solutions to the problems of aging.”
- John has deep expertise in the aging services industry, with thirty-four years of management experience and service organization development skills. Subsequent to his retirement from senior services administration, he co-founded Tech-enhanced Life, PBC, working at the intersection of aging and technology to find better solutions to the problems of aging. Following a career in hospital and health care administration, John opened and served as Executive Director of the San Francisco Towers (CCRC) for over fifteen years after he had organized and managed The Carlisle (CCRC). John remains active as the principal of Heritage Consulting for Retirement Living, supports non-profit work for seniors such as the San Francisco Senior Center and San Francisco Village, and has served as Chair of the Grownups Forum at the Commonwealth Club of California for over nineteen years.
October’s Spotlight was Judy Vared, Director of Outreach for Connected Horse. Thank You for sharing your time with our Group!
Judy Vared, Director of Outreach for Connected Horse, spoke on the subject of,“How The power of the human-horse connection helps participants not only feel relaxed, confident, and happy in the moment, they also learn about self compassion, stress reduction strategies and communication and awareness practices“
The Connected Horse workshops provide the opportunity for people living with early stage dementia and their care partners to be together as they experience non-riding activities with horses.
Judy Vared has worked in senior housing and senior care for many years, presently she is the Director of Outreach for Connected Horse.
Many thanks to AlmaVia of San Rafael for generously hosting our monthly meetings.
2018 Directory is here! Download
[ Become a Member ].
Here are our 2019 Food Sponsors:
- January: Senior Settlers
- February: Seniors at Home
- March: Compass Realtors
- April: Mom’s New Pad
- May: Richmond-Low Team
- June: Aldersly
- July: Matt Masson, Coldwell Banker
- August: Leadership
- September: Senior Alternative Home Care
- October: Tender Rose Dementia Care Specialists
- November: Compass Realtors
- December: Alma Via Holiday Sponsor