The Marin Section on Aging meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Alma Via of San Rafael. Networking and sign in starts at 9:30am to 10:00am. Program starts with introductions at 10:15am, followed by a 5 minute food sponsor presentation. Guest speaker has the floor until 11:15am. Events and Announcements. Meeting closes at 11:30am.
Our next meeting is Thursday, August 15th.
Please join us for our monthly meeting Thursday, August 15th, where we’ll welcome Elizabeth Landsverk, MD. She will speak on the subject of, “The Meds Matter: Relieving Pain and Agitation Without Overmedication.”
- Elizabeth Landsverk, MD, is a Geriatrician providing house calls for complicated patients in the greater San Francisco Bay area. She founded Elder Consult Geriatric Medicine in 2006 in order to provide excellent care for her patients. She is triple board certified in Geriatrics, Internal and Palliative Medicines and is currently the medical director for two dementia communities in the Bay Area. Doctor Liz has worked with thousands of families from all over the country to help elders through the aging process. Families are typically in crisis and don’t know where to turn when loved ones have dementia, Alzheimer’s, medication problems or any of the complications from aging. Doctor Liz feels we must take away any medications that ‘zombify’ our elders and adjust meds to get our loved ones back to the happy, productive people they once were.
- Elizabeth Landsverk, MD Doctor Liz is a renowned, board certified geriatric specialist who has worked with thousands of families from all over the country to help elders through the aging process. Families are typically in crisis and don’t know where to turn when loved ones have dementia, Alzheimer’s, medication problems or any of the complications from aging. Doctor Liz feels we must take away any medications that ‘zombify’ our elders and adjust meds to get our loved ones back to the happy, productive people they once were.
July’s Spotlight was Linda M. Jackson, the program director for the Marin Aging Action Initiative. Thank You for sharing your time with our Group!
Linda M. Jackson spoke on the subject of,“Marin Aging Action Initiative – Five Years Old!”
- This year, the Aging Action Initiative celebrates five years since its startup. Today the organization supports over 250 entities in their work for and with older people in Marin. Linda will share A.A.I.’s key initiatives, including the Inform&Connect academies and the new Act&Connect advocacy alliance. In addition, Ellen Baxter, A.A.I.’s outreach coordinator will speak about A.A.I.’s free Detect&Connect workshops for people who have interactions with older people who may act confused in public. Learn about the lens of aging equity, and how we can collaborate for an age-friendly Marin.
- Linda M. Jackson is the program director for The Marin Aging Action Initiative, which is a network of over 250 public agencies, nonprofits, healthcare providers and community leaders working together for the well-being of older people in Marin. Linda has over 35 years of experience in planning and communications, working for the Transportation Authority of Marin, San Rafael and Austin planning departments, and various non-profit organizations. She is a trustee on the San Rafael City Schools Board of Education and serves on the boards of the League of Women Voters and the Marin Environmental and Housing Collaborative. Linda holds an M.S. in Community and Regional Planning and an M.A. in Latin American Studies from U.T./Austin and a B.A. from Wellesley College. After college, Linda served two years with the Peace Corps in the Andes mountains.
Many thanks to AlmaVia of San Rafael for generously hosting our monthly meetings.
2018 Directory is here! Download
[ Become a Member ].
Here are our 2019 Food Sponsors:
- January: Senior Settlers
- February: Seniors at Home
- March: Compass Realtors
- April: Mom’s New Pad
- May: Richmond-Low Team
- June: Aldersly
- July: Matt Masson, Coldwell Banker
- August: Leadership
- September: Senior Alternative Home Care
- October: Tender Rose Dementia Care Specialists
- December: Alma Via Holiday Sponsor